Monday, May 21, 2012

Dia Ventuno Toscana Verde & Laterina


The Bar/Pub/Stopping Point in the medieval town
of Laterina, near our hotel Toscana Verde. I would love to know
the meaning of all the plaques of various "patrons" set into the wall.

Day 2 at Toscana Verde is very relaxing, we meander down curvy country roads, read, nap, and return to a great little restaurant called Il Romito on the banks of the Arno. The meal is great and the location is charming location.  No one speaks English and lots of smiles and hand gestures are used. Large tables full of multigenerational families share the space and everyone is festive and I am quite sure well fed! The chocolate and pear cake I have for desert is still warm. I love that they can let chocolate be its own flavour and don’t have to bombard it with sugar. Dennis finishes with a desert that has layers of merengue and cream that is OMG good!

We are loving eating in these small towns. I guess when you have to keep your neighbours satisfied, the focus on flavour and quality goes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment