Monday, July 5, 2010
Preparing for Paris
In the throes of preparing for a trip to Paris that I have dreamed of since I was sixteen. My parents wanted some art for the wall and selected a Utrillo painting of a street in Montmartre for me to copy in my naive painterly optimism. I remember noticing each of the elements...the fruit store, the people picking their produce and the aproned vendor. I remember the sidewalk seemed so narrow so the streetlamp looked so big. And the colour of the sky was a unique yellowy green rather than blue. That painting hung on the wall as long as Mom and Dad were alive and in a few days Dennis and I will be in that painting -- characters on the streets of Montmartre. Pretty sweet. Time to pack.
Labels:
Paris 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment